My Actual Activities in Jakarta 2012
On my post prior to my visit home, I listed the things I wanted to do and visit when I go back. Guess how many on the list I actually did.
- Meet my old friends – √
- Visit the following museums: Museum Nasional,√ Fatahillah, √ Textil, X Senirupa, X Museum Wayang √ & Museum Bank Indonesia X
- Eat lots of food- √
- Make a photo trail of Jakarta X
- Visit Jalan Surabaya X
- Visit some galleries X
- Visit Mangga dua/jatinegara to stock up X Although I didn’t go to these places to shop I did go twice to Mall Ambassador
- Buy Indonesian books √
- Look for Indonesian illustrations/illustrators √
- Go to arts and creative events – as much as I could √ – I went to a concert and a photographic exhibition, I know that it is not much but that is as much as I could. =D
- Might go to Bandung X, Bogor √ and Tasik X or even further a field like Balikpapan X
Meeting my old friends reminded me of my childhood of how I used to be fearless and very naughty.
Went on a Trans Jakarta trip to visit Museum Nasional, Fatahillah and Museum Wayang.
I had tons of food that is probably next on the indolistesia
I did lots of shopping, I shall draw or take a picture of my haul.
I shall do a review of all the books I bought in the next few blog updates, some of them are illustrated books.
Although I don’t have a new year’s resolution, I hope this long list of updates will be fulfilled.
* THE QUOTE above is from a published diary of Soe Hok Gie a protestor and writer in the 60’s. Translation: And, to love Indonesia as a homeland can be build by closely understanding and knowing Indonesians. This as best as I can translate it, I am sure there is a better way to do it without ruining its meaning.