Was that really 2013? Gone?
Honestly, what happened? is it really over? whoa … that was fast.
Do you feel the same with me? that the year has just flown by, I don’t feel like I have done anything, eurgh.
To recap, according to this blog I have been to:
Seoul, South Korea
Where I had an amazing time, I can’t wait to go back. Interesting culture, good food and very friendly people.
As always it was beautiful. I arrived at one of the Galungan.
Medan, Berastagi & Lake Toba, North Sumatra, Indonesia
Ate at Padang Panjang and Kampung Keling, Medan, yumm! Finally saw Lake Toba, which was brilliant.
Padang & Bukit tinggi, West Sumatra, Indonesia
Saw the amazing Lembah Harau, the sobering first Indonesian vice president, Mohammed Hatta’s house and ate the famous Satay Padang.
Hop to Palembang, Batam & Bangka
Pempek Palembang, nuff said.
Balikpapan, Kalimantan, Indonesia.
Athens and Thessaloniki, Greece & Milan, Italy
Amsterdam and Utrecht, Holland
These visits are more of museums visits really, they were cool, and I found out a few things.
I have also started to illustrate for a book, but not very successful at that, continue to learn Japanese, found plenty of talented Indonesian Illustrators, keep discovering new things about Indonesia and best of all I have made a couple blogger friend.
My 5 best things in 2013.
- The best time I had was in Seoul, South Korea. Joint best is West Sumatra in Lembah Harau
- The best museum I visited this year is the Dick Bruna’s house
- The best book and Illustrated book I read was Nawila by Reda Gaudiamo
- The best food I ate was Nasi Kapau by Bu Ety in Kapau, West Sumatra, Indonesia
- The best design item bought was Robot T-shirt by Eric Wirjanata
What was your 5 best things in 2013?